The ListenUp Technology Package provides voice record and upload capabilities to a web page.
- record and playback voice message using simple GUI
- voice compression for bitrates as low as 5 kbps
- upload message to server using standard multi-part MIME format and HTTP POST
- server can handle uploaded file using same techology as HTML FORMs
- server scripts can be written using PHP, JSP, ASP or other language of choice
- optional text fields like userName or comment can be uploaded along with the WAV file
- optional dynamic range compression, noise gate, and silence trim
- supports Speex compression, which varies from 10:1 to 28:1.
- supports ADPCM 4:1 compression, which can be played directly by most browsers or mail clients
- supports ulaw compression, which is common in telephony
- additional player Applet for WAV and Speex file playback
Now you can:
- record student's pronunciation for foreign language training
- record notes or interviews to be transcribed
- create a voice forum
- record voice messages from visitors to your website
- record a message and send it as a voice+email
- add voice to online presentations
- or design something no one ever thought of...